When Bob from Michigan slipped and fell on the ice in front of his house it was a good thing his rescued golden retriever named Kelsey was with him because the brave pup saved his life.
The accident happened just 15 feet from Bob’s house. The man was in his long johns, slippers, and a shirt as he just wanted to get a log for his fireplace. For the next 20 hours, Bob was lying paralyzed in the snow. The temperatures that night were as low as 24 degrees.
Even worse, Bob rapidly discovered he was sᴇʀɪᴏᴜsʟʏ injured and unable to move. As he lay on the frozen ground, he began to scream for help but none of his very distant neighbors heard his calls. With only Kelsey to keep him warm, he eventually lost his voice.
He said, “I was screaming for help but my nearest neighbor is about a quarter-mile away and it was 10:30 p.m., but my Kelsey came,” stated the dog’s owner Bob. “By morning my voice was gone and I couldn’t yell for help, but Kelsey didn’t stop barking.”
” Thankfully, Bob had his loyal doggie by his side. She kept barking for help but never left my side,” said Bob. “She kept me warm and alert. I knew I had to persevere through this and that it was my choice to stay alive.”
When Bob finally lost consciousness, his dog Kelsey was said to let out a screeching howl that finally alerted his neighbor. Bob said, “She was letting out this screeching howl that alerted my neighbor. He found me at 6:30 p.m. on New Year’s Day.”
Thanks to his faithful pup, Bob was found and rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery for a ʙʀᴏ.ᴋᴇɴ ɴᴇᴄᴋ. The dog saved his life as he warmed the man and kept always alert. Bob’s doctors have been impressed with his quick recovery. Bob has regained much of his mobility and continues to build strength with physical therapy. All thanks to his faithful Golden Retriever, Kelsey.
Thankfully, he’s fully recovered today, and thanks to his dog for being his hero.